Welcome to Netherton Hall and our holiday cottages in the heart of Derbyshire. We are nestled in the hamlet of Nether Bradbourne between the historic village of Tissington and Carsington, an idyllic location to base your holiday. You can recharge your batteries in style, we have four cottages: Dumble sleeping 2, Winn sleeping 8 (or 4 people in quiet periods), Haven sleeping 4 and our newest Wood Shed Cottage, all named after well known local landmarks surrounding us.
Without compromising on luxury and quality we have made our cottages “green”. We wanted to do what we could to protect our environment, so this is what we have done:
- Bio-mass Boilers – provide heat and water for Dumble and Winn Cottages and also our latest cottage Wood Shed and provide most of the heating for the swimming pool. These use wood pellets and are working very efficiently.
- A Ground Source Heat Pump – provides heating and hot water for our house and Haven Cottage, taking heat from the ground.
- Insulation – All the buildings are highly insulated to save energy.
- Eco friendly products, paints, materials have been used wherever possible.
- Recycling – bins are provided for waste products from cottages.
- Log burners in all of the cottages are carbon neutral and provide wonderful heat: Your first basket of logs are provided.
- Low energy light bulbs are fitted throughout the cottages.
- Very importantly we have used local tradespeople and local products whenever we can.
We have tried to utilise natural resources to reduce our negative impact on the environment so you can enjoy your holiday without leaving a huge carbon trail.
We are very happy to talk to you about the Bio-mass and Ground Source Systems we have here and also about the Renewable Heat Incentive Scheme which these systems are accredited to.
Our sister company RHI Service Ltd offers a complete application service for the government RHI scheme for eligable renewable installations.
Our valley and the surrounding area is very beautiful, with fabulous walks and rides right from the doorstep. You can bring your dogs and horses with you if you want.
Back at your cottage you can relax, throw a log on the burner and enjoy a glass of wine or sit outside and have a barbeque and take in the amazing views.
We have several local pubs within walking distance or a very short drive away serving good food and drink. The market towns of Ashbourne and Wirksworth are nearby for the more adventurous.